Where to Take a Sleigh Ride in NH
Leave modern life behind and take a old-fashioned sleigh ride through the beautiful New Hampshire countryside
Sleigh rides are offered at hotels, inns, farms and stables throughout the state from the heart of the White Mountains to the Lakes and Monadnock regions. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway at a cozy bed and breakfast or want to take the whole family out for the day, there’s a sleigh ride waiting for you! Cozy up underneath warm blankets, drink hot chocolate with the kids or sip champagne with that special someone, and enjoy a tour through the sparkling winter landscape as bells jingle all the way.
Note: Sleigh rides generally begin in January, but check each individual inn, hotel, farm or stables for an exact start date as it can depend on snow and other weather conditions. You should always call or check the website before you go to make sure lack of snow or inclement weather haven’t canceled rides. Many places offer private rides that can be scheduled by calling the provided phone number.
774 High St.
- 16 Passenger Logging Sled: Traditional sleigh rides offers a chance to leave the modern world behind to explore the snow-covered forest. 1.5 hour ride that includes a 45-minute campfire stopover secluded amidst the pines.
- 4 Passenger Sleigh: Perfect for couples and families. A one-hour ride in a re-creation of an 18th century Vis-à-vis-style sleight complete with antique lamps, maroon cloth seats and a warm sleigh robe. Both day and evening departures are available.
- 16-Passenger Sleigh: $280 private sleigh per hour or $19 per person.
- 4-Passenger Sleigh: $150 up to four passengers
Click here for more info and available reservation times. Also, check out the fun two-hour Sleigh Ride Socials offered in January and February where you can warm-up around several large bonfires while enjoying complimentary hot dogs, roasted marshmallows and hot cocoa in a secluded pine grove.
118 North River Rd.
Private Sleigh Rides
Coppal House’s draft horses will take you on a relaxing ride through the 78-acre property. Snuggle underneath luxurious lap blankets as you ride through fields and woods around the picturesque farm. Considering omitting a sleigh ride if there’s not enough snow? No problem. If there is not enough snow, a wagon will be substituted so you don’t have to forego any of your wintry plans.
- Sleigh Ride for Two: A romantic 30-minute ride designed for couples in an antique sleigh.
- One-horse Sleigh: Carries up to seven passengers on a 30- or 60-minute ride.
- Two-horse Sleigh: Carries eight to 17 passengers for 30- or 60-minute ride.
- Half Hour Sleigh Ride for Two: $85 for 30 minutes and $160 for an hour
- One-horse Sleigh (up to seven people) $110 for 30 minutes or $200 for an hour
- Two-horse Sleigh (eight to 17 people) $175 for 30 minutes or $275 for one hour
- Add a bonfire to a private outing for $25
2555 West Side Rd.
Call the stables at (603) 356-6640 or (603) 356-2694
The award-winning stables at the Farm By The River are open to both the public and guests of the bed and breakfast. Rides tour the 70-acre family estate that dates back to 1771. You’ll enjoy views of the Saco River, the White Mountains, Cranmore Mountain and the Cathedral and White Horse ledges.
- Private Victorian Sleigh Ride: 45-minute ride for two or four people.
- Big Red Sleigh: 45-minute ride for up to 14 people.
- Romantic Ride: A sleigh-ride designed for couple.
- Private Victorian Sleigh Ride: $99 for two people and $135 for four. Guests staying at the Farm by the River receive $10 off a sleigh or carriage ride.
- Big Red Sleigh: $18 for ages 12 and over, $12 for children ages 3-11, free for children under 3
- Romantic Ride: A $119 special is available and includes complimentary champagne and chocolates on a Victorian sleigh with blankets.
- 45-minute sleigh rides depart daily at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Hot chocolate and blankets provided.
- Private rides are booked through the stable.
1172 Easton Rd.
The Franconia Inn’s antique sleigh, which seats six adults comfortably, is pulled by a Belgian draft horse for a 30-minute ride. Blankets are provided in abundance. Feel free to bring hot beverages and tasty treats to accompany you on the quiet journey that only winter can promise.
- Group ride: $25 per adult, $15 per child 12 years and younger, and 3 & under ride free
- Private ride for two: $85 per couple
- Beginning in mid-December
- Reservations are recommended.
78 Depot Rd.
One-hour sleigh rides are offered both on the farm and at your private events and parties. The horse-drawn sleigh seats up to 20 people.
Call the farm at the number above for times and rates. Click here for more info.
310 Mt Washington Hotel Rd.
As long as there’s snow on the ground you can take either a one-horse drawn or Austrian (two horses) sleigh ride through the countryside. The Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods has daily sleigh ride options.
- Half-hour private ride (per couple) is $95 for guests and $105 for the public
- Half-hour semi-private ride (per couple) is $50 for guests and $60 for the public
- Additional children (ages 13 and older) is $25 for guests and $30 for the public
- Additional children (ages 5-12) are $15 for guests and $20 for the public
- Additional children (ages 5 and younger) no charge on lap
- Two-horse group ride is $15 fo adult guests and $10 for children and the public is $20 for adults and $15 for children
Carriage rides are offered year-round at Mount Washington Resort as weather permits. Sleigh rides are offered during the winter as conditions permit from mid-December – mid-April. Click here for more information.
1251 Eaton Rd.
Rides are typically 25-30 minutes and will take you from the open fields, and pastures, through spruce-lined and back-country trails around Purity Spring Resort.
- $20 for adults and $15 for 12 and under
- Free for children under 3 on a lap.
- See the website for dates.
Click here for more info. Call (603) 367-8896 for additional information and reservations.
111 Bradley Lake Rd.
Sleigh rides are by reservation only. The hay-filled sleigh seats about eight adults and the ride lasts for about 40 minutes.
Day rides are $100.
Call to reserve.
183 Turnpike Rd.
Silver Ranch Stables offers sleigh rides when the snow has blanketed the ground. Need a good excuse to get people out of the house for the holidays? These sleigh rides are ideal for family gatherings. They also work well for business functions. Though snow may or may not promise to present itself for your special day, Silver Ranch Stables offers year-round hayrides that offered on and off site.
- Large Sleigh: A two and a half-mile ride through the woods over about 45 minutes to an hour. Sleighs hold about 15 people.
- Two-person Sleigh: You can take a one-horse open sleigh for two on a 30-minute ride at a faster clip pulled by one of the carriage horses. Jingle bells will ring through the air and fur robes are provided to keep you warm.
- Large Sleigh: $15 per person, $150 minimum
- Two Person Sleigh: $80 per couple
Call for available times
1 Ski Area Rd.
Enjoy this charming town in an authentic Austrian sleigh, complete with upholstered seats and cozy blankets and pulled by a team of magnificent 2,000-pound Belgian horses. Mountain peaks frame your vista. Rides are approximately 30 minutes.
- $18 for ages 13 and up
- $12 for children ages 2-12
- Free for children 2 and under on a lap
- $160 for a private sleigh
Rides depart from Town Square every half hour. Reservations are required.
- Saturdays: 1-6:30 p.m. every half hour
- Sundays: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. private rides accepted
- Monday-Friday private rides accepted
- Holiday weeks: Daily 1-7:30 p.m. ever half hour
For reservations, information, and tickets, visit the Town Square check-in desk or call (603) 236-8175 or click here.