Where to Take a Sleigh Ride in NH
Leave modern life behind and take a old-fashioned sleigh ride through the beautiful New Hampshire countryside
Sleigh rides are offered at hotels, inns, farms and stables throughout the state from the heart of the White Mountains to the Lakes and Monadnock Regions. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway at a cozy bed and breakfast or want to take the whole family out for the day, there’s a sleigh ride waiting for you! Cozy up underneath warm blankets, drink hot chocolate with the kids or sip champagne with that special someone, and enjoy a tour through the sparkling winter landscape as bells jingle all the way.
Note: Sleigh rides generally begin in January, but check each individual inn, hotel, farm or stables for an exact start date as it can depend on snow and other weather conditions. You should always call or check the website before you go to make sure lack of snow or inclement weather haven’t canceled rides. Many places offer private rides that can be scheduled by calling the provided phone number. Don’t forget to abide by each place’s COVID-19 rules and regulations!
774 High St.
- 20 Passenger Logging Sled (two sections of 10): Traditional sleigh rides offers a chance to leave the modern world behind to explore the snow-covered forest. 1.5 hour ride that includes a 45-minute campfire stopover secluded amidst the pines.
- 1 package: $179
- Private ride: $299
Click here for more info and available reservation times. Also, check out the fun two-hour Sleigh Ride Socials offered in January and February where you can warm-up around several large bonfires while enjoying complimentary hot dogs, roasted marshmallows and hot cocoa in a secluded pine grove.
118 North River Rd.
Private Sleigh Rides
Coppal House’s draft horses will take you on a relaxing ride through the 78-acre property. Bring your own blanket to snuggle underneath as you ride through fields and woods around the picturesque farm. Considering omitting a sleigh ride if there’s not enough snow? No problem. If there is not enough snow, a wagon will be substituted so you don’t have to forego any of your wintry plans.
- Sleigh Ride for Two: A romantic 30-minute ride designed for couples in an antique sleigh.
- One-horse Sleigh: Carries up to six passengers on a 30-minute ride.
- Two-horse Sleigh: Carries 14 passengers for 30-minute ride.
- Half Hour Sleigh Ride for Two: $100
- One-horse Sleigh (up to six people) $125
- Two-horse Sleigh (14 people) $200
2555 West Side Rd.
Call the stables at (603) 356-2694
The award-winning stables at the Farm By The River are open to both the public and guests of the bed and breakfast. Rides tour the 70-acre family estate that dates back to 1771. You’ll enjoy views of the Saco River, the White Mountains, Cranmore Mountain and the Cathedral and White Horse ledges.
- Private Victorian Sleigh Ride: 35-minute ride for two or four people.
- Romantic Ride: A sleigh-ride designed for couple.
- Private Victorian Sleigh Ride: $105 for two people and $145 for four.
- Romantic Ride: A $125 special is available and includes complimentary champagne and chocolates on a Victorian sleigh with blankets.
- 35-minute sleigh rides depart daily at 10 a.m. Hot chocolate and blankets provided.
- Private rides are booked through the stable.
*2021 schedule coming soon
310 Mt Washington Hotel Rd.
As long as there’s snow on the ground you can take either a one-horse drawn or Austrian (two horses) sleigh ride through the countryside. The Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods has daily sleigh ride options.
- Half-hour private ride (per couple) is $95 for guests and $105 for the public
- Half-hour semi-private ride (per couple) is $50 for guests and $60 for the public
- Additional children (ages 13 and older) is $25 for guests and $30 for the public
- Additional children (ages 5-12) are $15 for guests and $20 for the public
- Additional children (ages 5 and younger) no charge on lap
- Two-horse group ride is $15 fo adult guests and $10 for children and the public is $20 for adults and $15 for children
Carriage rides are offered year-round at Mount Washington Resort as weather permits. Sleigh rides are offered during the winter as conditions permit from mid-December – mid-April. Click here for more information.
183 Turnpike Rd.
Silver Ranch Stables offers sleigh rides when the snow has blanketed the ground. Need a good excuse to get people out of the house for the holidays? These sleigh rides are ideal for family gatherings. They also work well for business functions. Though snow may or may not promise to present itself for your special day, Silver Ranch Stables offers year-round hayrides that offered on and off site.
- Large Sleigh: A two and a half-mile ride through the woods over about 45 minutes to an hour. Sleighs hold 25 people.
- Contact for pricing
Call for available times