Until recent events reminded the world of just how much we need them, nurses were the unsung heroes of the medical community. These talented individuals provide their skills and sacrifice on a daily basis, and now thanks to COVID-19, we have a glimpse of the debt we owe. New Hampshire Magazine, in partnership with the New Hampshire Nurses Association, is proud to say thanks to them all by calling out a few in our Excellence in Nursing Awards.
Now more than ever, as we continue to endure the pandemic, nurses deserve to be recognized for all the work they do on the front lines of our communities throughout the state. In partnership with the New Hampshire Nurses Association, New Hampshire Magazine needs your help to honor these healthcare professionals who deserve recognition for their efforts in fighting COVID-19. We also want to celebrate the very best in nursing – those who go above and beyond to comfort, heal and educate – and to bring to light how critical nursing is to achieving comprehensive health care.
If you know a nurse, please consider nominating them in one of the award categories. Recognition is especially meaningful during these times, so say “Thank You” to these healthcare heroes by submitting a nomination today.
2021 Excellence in Nursing categories:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Ambulatory Care Nursing
- Cardiovascular Nursing
- Emergency Nursing
- Front Line/Administrative Nursing Leader
- Hospice-Palliative Care and/or Gerontologic Nursing
- Maternal-Child Health Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Nurse Educators
- Nurse Researcher
- Pediatric & School Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- Public Health Nursing
- Senior Nurse Leader
Entry rules and suggestions:
- Nominations need to be received by January 8, 2021
- Nominees must have a valid New Hampshire nursing license
- Use only the nominee’s initials or the proper pronoun (he/she/they) when completing the form.
- Submit your nomination under the category that you feel is the best fit for your nominee’s field of practice, as not all fields are listed.
- Judges reserve the right, based on the criteria, not to name a winner in a particular category.
- All criteria sections are required in order for your nomination to be considered complete.
- Supporting documents are not required, but highly recommended in order to provide a strong, well-rounded nomination for the judges. Be sure to have these items accessible before starting the online nomination form.
Nominators should review the criterion for each category prior to starting the nomination form in order to ensure details for each required section can be provided.
For a full list of criterion and to review each category, please view the judging criteria page.