Excellence in Nursing
Help New Hampshire Magazine, in partnership with the New Hampshire Nurses Association, honor the unsung heroes of the state’s health care community by nominating nurses in a variety of vital specialties. Nominations are open to all nurses practicing in New Hampshire.
Nurses are key members of any healthcare team, but their skills and contributions are often unrecognized. We want to celebrate the very best in nursing – those who go above and beyond to comfort, heal and educate – to bring to light how critical nursing is to achieving comprehensive healthcare.
Finalists will be featured in the May 2019 issue of New Hampshire Magazine and will be honored at a special awards event on May 23, 2019.
We are now accepting nominations for the 2019 awards!
Nominations due January 11, 2019
Excellence in Nursing categories:
To view the judging criterion for each category, and to see which category would be most appropriate for your nominee, please view the judging criteria page.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Ambulatory Care Nursing
- Cardiovascular Nursing
- Emergency Nursing
- Gerontologic & Long Term Care Nursing
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing
- Maternal-Child Health Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Nurse Educators and Nurse Researchers
- Nurse Leader
- Pediatric & School Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- Public Health Nursing
Entry rules and suggestions:
- Submission deadline is January 11, 2019.
- Submit your nomination under the category that you feel is the best fit for your nominee's field of practice, as not all fields are listed.
- Judges reserve the right, based on the criteria, not to name a winner in a particular category.
- All criteria sections should be met in an effort to supply the most complete nomination form.
- Supporting documentation is not required, but highly recommended in order to provide a strong, well-rounded nomination for the judges. Be sure to have these items accessible before starting the online nomination form (if you would like to see a blank form ahead of time, you can download it here).
If you have any questions or need assistance with your nomination, please contact Amanda Andrews at (603) 413-5113.
2018 Award Recipients
|CATEGORY||2018 RECIPIENT||HOSPITAL OR PRACTICE|
|Advanced Practice Registered Nurse||Mary Bidgood-Wilson, FNP, CNM||New Hampshire Nurse Practitioner Association|
|Ambulatory Care Nursing||Christine Dodier, BN, RN-BC||Wentworth Health Partners|
|Cardiac-Vascular Nursing||Carmen J. Petrin, MS, APRN, FNP-BC||New England Heart & Vascular Institute|
|Emergency Nursing||Jennifer Alicea MSN, RN, CNL, CEN,||Elliot Health System|
|Gerontologic Nursing||Heather Brander||Elliot Hospital - Geriatric Psychiatric Unit|
|Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing||Barbara Stuart||Wentworth-Douglass Hospital: Supportive & Palliative Care|
|Maternal-Child Health Nursing||Lourdes Hambrecht||Southern New Hampshire Medical Center|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing||Julia Puglisi||Elliot Health System|
|Nurse Educators and Nurse Researchers||Kate Collopy PhD, RN||Wentworth-Douglass Hospital|
|Nurse Leader||Mary Scott||Southern New Hamphire Medical Center|
|Pediatric Nursing||Sarah Heron||Elliot Health System- Pediatrics|
|Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing||Sarah Bemish||Elliot Health System_-Behavioral Emergency Response RN|
|Public Health Nursing||Margaret Crowley, RN PhD||Qualidigm|