The Ice Castle is Now Open for 2020
The winter wonderland is located in North Woodstock
A fantastic — and spectacular — sight is now open in North Woodstock. Tickets are on sale now. For this season, in addition to the ice castle, you can walk (or take a horse-drawn ride) along the enchanted forest path dotted with various ice sculptures and photo opportunities. “We’re excited to see what Mother Nature helps us create this year,” says Ice Castles CEO Ryan Davis. “We look forward to bringing new winter experiences to New Hampshire and giving our guests even more unique ways to make winter memories together.”
A crew from the Utah-based Ice Castles once again worked to create the giant ice fortress, which is roughly an acre in size, its tallest points reach about 25 feet high, and artisans spent 4,000 combined hours dripping, “growing” and shaping icicles to create this life-size fairytale playground.
The breathtaking works of art have become a must-see winter attraction and social media sensation drawing more than a million people over the last few years to the company’s five locations in North America.
Since 2011, travelers from all over the globe have flocked to Ice Castles’ locations to walk through the interactive castles. The castles feature ice-carved tunnels, fountains, slides, frozen thrones and towers that reach astonishing heights. LED lights frozen inside 25 million pounds of ice twinkle to music, adding a magical ambiance to the already awe-inspiring structures.
You can walk through it during the day, but at night it comes alive with embedded multicolor lights that make the ice glow from within.
- Opening date is January 10, 2020
- Open January 10-11, 14-18, 20-25 and 28-February 1
- Dates in February are 4-8, 11-15, and 17-22
- Purchase tickets in advance online here. Tickets are sold in half-hour increments.
- Times vary — on most weekdays, available time slots begin at 4 p.m., with 12 p.m. starts on weekends. Check the specific date you’re interested in for exact available times.
Online ticket prices for 2020:
- General admission weekday (ages 12+): $16.99
- General admission weekend (ages 12+): $20.99
- General admission weekday (ages 4-11): $11.99
- General admission weekend (ages 4-11): $14.95
Please note standby tickets are available on a very limited basis. Pre-purchasing your tickets online is strongly recommended.
Visit the website for more information including the best way to find the ice castle entrance, parking, clothing suggestions and to purchase tickets.