New Year’s Eve Events
Ring in 2018 with these New Year's Eve celebrations from around the state that include romantic dinners, family events, ski mountain resort parties, overnight stays at inns and hotels and much more.
*Events have been updated for 2017-2018 unless otherwise noted.
Noon Year’s Eve Family Celebration at the Currier 12/31/17
Northern New England’s biggest family-friendly New Year’s Eve event gets better every year. Ring in 2018 a few hours early at the Currier Museum of Art’s annual Noon Year’s Eve party. Wrap up a day of celebrations with bubble-wrap fireworks and a huge balloon drop. Enjoy fun art-making activities, face painting and live entertainment. Enjoy all sorts of kid-friendly food and more. Dress in your party best and celebrate the New Year at the Currier. The Currier will be open exclusively for this ticketed event.
New Year’s Eve Family Celebration at Purity Spring Resort 12/31/17
New Year’s Eve at Purity Spring Resort offers everything your family needs to celebrate the New Year in a safe, fun, and family-friendly environment!
Three-night minimum packages start at $314 per room per night, standard room, based on double occupancy.
- Outdoor music and a bonfire at the base of King Pine
- Lift tickets
- Family Fun Racing for all from 6-8 p.m.
- Torchlight parade 9 p.m.
- Fireworks to follow torchlight parade at 9:20 p.m.
- Ring in the New Year at the Trail’s End Tavern
- Full country breakfast at Traditions Restaurant & Pub at Purity Spring Resort
- Access to The Mill Indoor Pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Center
- Complete details here
Pats Peak New Year’s Eve Family Celebration 12/31/17
Featuring skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing, a comedy show, Monte Carlo for raffles prizes, a live band, tasting stations, party favors, champagne toast and a midnight fireworks display. The party begins at 6 p.m. and the slopes are open until 10 p.m. Click here for a schedule of events, photos and detailed pricing.
First Night Portsmouth 12/31/17
First Nights are family-friendly celebrations. Enjoy ice sculpting, a street dance, food, fireworks, a countdown to midnight and much more. It all takes place in downtown Portsmouth.
Outdoor events include:
- Ice Sculpture in the Square starting at about 1 p.m.
- Street Dance 5 p.m.-midnight
- Stargazing at 6 p.m. with the NH Astronomical Society on Pleasant Street. Make your First Night resolution on a star!
- Fireworks’ Display South Mill Pond 7:30 p.m.
- Countdown to 2018 11:50 p.m.
Indoor events at Saint John’s Fellowship Hall include:
- Face painting from 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Abracadabra! Magic with Phil Smith performances at 4:15 p.m.-5 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Storytelling with Peter Sheridan from 6:15 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Roderick Russell’s “Almost Psychic” – If Sherlock Holmes had a stage show, then this would be it! At 8-8:45 p.m., 9:15-10 p.m. and 10:30-11:15 p.m.
Indoor events at Middle Street Baptist Hall include:
- Jeff Warner & Bruce McIntyre trade sets with Great Bay Sailor. Enjoy maritime, Celtic and Americana music plus tunes of the season. Performances 8:15 p.m., 10 p.m. and 10:15 p.m.
Many other indoor performances and events take place at other venues in Portsmouth. See the website for a complete schedule of events.
Children’s Museum New Year’s Celebration 12/31/17
This family event includes three “countdowns to midnight” at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. with a glittering ball drop, ginger ale toast, noisemakers and wishes drop. Visitors can also create their own colorful party hats and share their New Year wishes.
New Year’s Eve Dinner at the BVI 12/31/17
The Bedford Village Inn will offer a special four-course prix fixe menu and toasting beverages to celebrate the New Year. $75 per person plus tax and gratuity.
Seating times: 5-9:30 p.m. in the Dining Room and Corks (the Tavern will be closed for dinner).
A Night in Havana 12/31/17
The annual themed gala at the Wentworth by the Sea is an elegant night out. Leave the kids at home for this one, and don your best black-tie attire (or for this year a linen suit or Rumba-style dress) for an evening of dinner and dancing in the grand ballroom
New Year’s Eve Partybration at Santa’s Village 12/31/17
Santa welcomes you to his 9th annual New Year’s Eve Partybration. Father Time will turn the clocks ahead four hours and begin celebrating the new year a bit early for younger guests. It’s a grand time to visit with Father Time, ride on all your favorite rides and see great fireworks one last time this year.
This all-inclusive (food and soft drinks, rides and festivities) party will host a DJ who will take requests. There will be lots of activities for the entire family. As the new year approaches, fireworks will blast off a multitude of lights in the darkened winter night sky. Be sure to visit during this family time celebration.
New Year’s Eve Family Celebration and Gala 12/31/17
If you’re looking for a more formal setting to ring in the new year, then the Mountain View Grand will be hosting a New Year’s Eve Gala. The Gala will run from 7p.m. to 12:30 a.m. in the Crystal Ballroom and will include a cocktail reception and dinner. Local pianist Greg Goodwin and his band will start the evening, and following dinner, music will be provided by a DJ for dancing. There will be a photo booth from 9 to 11 p.m. At midnight, welcome in the new year with a champagne toast and our annual fireworks display.
Pricing is $120 per person and the Gala is only available to ages 16 and up. Tax and gratuity are not included in the rate. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (855) 837-2100.
The annual New Year’s Eve Family Celebration will take place in the Presidential Ballroom. Running from 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., the celebration will feature a buffet dinner, cash bar, DJ and a host of fun holiday activities throughout the evening. There will be a photo booth from 6 to 8 p.m. Then at midnight, ring in the new year with our spectacular firework display.
Ages 13 and older are $75, ages 12 to 2 are $50 and children under 2 are free. Tax and gratuity are not included in the rate. Our New Year’s Eve Family Celebration is for in-house guests. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (855) 837-2100.
New Year’s Eve at the Sugar Hill Inn 12/31/17
Celebrate the New Year in comfortable country inn style at the gorgeous Sugar Hill Inn. The evening includes:
- New Year’s Eve Welcome Party with complimentary hors d’oeuvres
- A four-course New Year’s Eve dinner
- Live music
- Midnight champagne toast
Ring in the New Year at Lamie’s Inn & The Old Salt 12/31/17
- One night’s stay for two in a charming Lamie’s Inn guestroom
- Fresh baked cookies when you arrive
- Champagne and fruit and cheese platter
- New Year’s Eve dinner for two at The Old Salt including soup or salad, entrées and coffee or tea
- Fun party favors
- Complimentary champagne toast at midnight
- Continental breakfast each morning
- Table for two at our New Year’s Day brunch
- Take advantage of a late checkout at 2 p.m. and catch up on your sleep
New Year’s Eve Dinner and Overnight at the Centennial Inn 12/31/16
*Details for 2017 not yet available
Enjoy dinner for two off of the special prix fixe menu in the Granite Restaurant, specially crafted by the Executive Chef plus deluxe accommodations.
Gunstock Mountain Resort Rock’s New Year’s Eve 12/31/16
*Details for 2017 not yet available
The entire mountain is open for you to enjoy! Enjoy skiing, riding tubing, snowshoeing tours, horse-drawn carriage rides and more. The event ends at midnight with a fireworks show on the mountain.
After 4 p.m., anyone with a New Year’s Eve night lift ticket, primetime lift ticket or season pass can enjoy the following, in addition to skiing and riding until 11:30 p.m.:
- New Year’s Eve special event lift ticket price: Adults/teen $59 and child/seniors $44.
- Horse-drawn carriage rides 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Face painting from 7 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Balloon artist from 7:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Music by classic rock band Sum X 4 from 8 p.m.-midnight
- DJ Christine from 8 p.m.-midnight
- S’mores at the fire ring from 9:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m.
- Torch Light Parade by the Learning Center at 11:50 p.m.
- Midnight mountain fireworks
New Year’s Eve Fireworks and Celebration at Waterville Valley Resort 12/31/17
Ring in the New Year in Waterville Valley! There are all kinds of events happening in Town Square for everyone to enjoy.
- Fireworks over Corcoran’s Pond at 7:30 p.m.
- Sleigh rides
- 6 p.m.-9 p.m. New Year’s Eve Extravaganza at the Waterville Valley Recreation Department
- Buffet dinner at The Valley Pub & Grill
- Dogsled rides
- Ice skating
- and more!
Après Ski Bunyan’s Legendary Nights: New Year’s Eve Party 12/31/16
*Details for 2017 not yet available
This end-of-the-year edition of the Bunyan’s Legendary Nights concert series will feature DJ That Ninjah, champagne toast and hors d’oeuvres including pizza, salads, cheese, veggie and fruit platters, wings, meatballs and other hot appetizers.
Doors open at 9 p.m. $25 cover, 21+. Space is limited, so entry is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hampton Beach Fireworks Displays 12/31/17
Come watch a spectacular fireworks displays shot from Hampton Beach (best seen by B and C Streets). See the lights twinkle in the ocean surface below. The family event is free and perfect for couples, families and friends. 8 p.m.
9th Annual Live Free or Die Laughing New Year’s Eve Event at The Sheraton 12/31/17
For the ninth year in a row, Live Free or Die Laughing invites you to Ring in the New Year Laughing! This year the show features Dave Russo of Dirty Water TV and Dan Crohn from “Last Comic Standing.”
The first show is 8:30 p.m. and tickets are $25. Doors will open at 8 p.m.
The late show is 10:30 p.m. and tickets are $35 and include a champagne toast at midnight. Doors will open at 10 p.m.
New Year’s Cranapalooza! 12/31/17
Ring in 2018 with C-more the Penguin with a special New Year’s edition of Cranapalooza! Geared for guests and families of all ages, the night features all kinds of fun activities and entertainment. There will be music provided by a DJ in Schneider Square, s’mores, games and more. Stick around for a fireworks show at 6 p.m.
Annual New Year’s Eve Gala 12/31/17
Room packages are available and include room accommodations, two tickets to the New Year’s Gala and New Year’s Day brunch. Call (603) 532-8341 or click here for details and reservations.
The New Year’s Eve Gala includes:
- Hors d’oeuvres
- Grand buffet and carving stations
- Dessert station
- Champagne toast
- Fireworks show by Atlas Pyrotechnics
- Live entertainment
Three-day Celebration at the Mount Washington Resort 12/29/17-12/31/17
Bring in 2018 with fine cuisine, music and libations during Omni Mount Washington Resort’s three-day celebration! Whether you prefer an elegant dinner in the award-winning dining room with live music, or a fun family-friendly celebration with music in the Grand Ballroom, New Year’s Eve will be an occasion for all to enjoy. The after party in the Presidential Ballroom gets underway at 10 p.m. The schedule of events is specific to this holiday celebration and does not include ongoing daily activities throughout the resort. Please call the Activities Concierge Desk at (603) 278-8989 with questions regarding New Year’s reservations and activities. Please note, these activities are open to Resort Guests only and are subject to change.
- Ice skating
- Make-your-own noisemakers
- Slopeside Pub après ski
- Multiple dining options
New Year’s Eve Special at Ashworth by the Sea 12/31/17
- Overnight accommodations
- Welcome amenity delivered to your room upon arrival
- Dinner for two in the Grand Ballroom
- Fireworks display
- Gala dinner dance
- Entertainment and dancing featuring a live band from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
- Late night snack and champagne toast
- Champagne breakfast buffet for two on New Year’s Day
New Year’s Eve Comedy Ball 12/31/17
The evening includes:
- Prime rib buffet dinner
- Comedy with headline comedian Ace Aceto
- Dancing to ’80s music
Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $70 and can be purchased here.
Celebrate on Golden Pond 12/31/17
Ring in the New Year the New Hampshire way. You’re invited to the Manor on Golden Pond to enjoy a New Year’s Eve celebration at this elegant country inn. Enjoy an evening of elegance and romance. The New Year’s Eve dinner is a chef tasting candlelight dinner celebration masterly prepared by the manor’s award winning chef. Musical entertainment by a pianist will provide the atmosphere for an unforgettable evening plus all the traditional party favors to ring in the New Year.
Accommodations on New Year’s Eve will also include brunch New Year’s Day and an afternoon tea on your day of arrival.
And, of course, the traditional champagne toast occurs at midnight just as the ball in New York drops.
The accommodations rate for New Year’s Eve includes brunch on New Year’s Day and afternoon tea. New Year’s Eve dinner is at an additional charge. Rates exclude NH meals and lodging tax plus gratuity.