November Street Smarts: A quickie guide to a few shops at 33 S. Commercial Street
1. Get yourself ready for the holidays at Michael Thomas Salon. Relax and be pampered in an expansive and sophisticated space with views overlooking the Merrimack River. The salon staff offers full-service hair, facial and nail treatments. If you want waxing, lash and brow tinting or makeup lessons, they’ve got that, too. Located on the second floor (main level) at Suite 206. www.michaelthomassalon.net, (603) 622-1717.
2. Stop in after a hard day’s work and enjoy cocktails and appetizers in the lounge or better yet stay for dinner at Commercial Street Fishery (2nd floor.) Here you’ll find fresh seafood and daily specials that will not only please your taste buds but look beautiful as well. The soft lights and open concept kitchen, dining and lounge areas create an inviting atmosphere. Open evenings only.
www.csfishery.com, (603) 296-0706
3. Need a new rug? Nilou Decorative Rug Outlet at Suite 204 (2nd floor) offers carpet and Orientals in a wide variety of sizes and colors, but handmade Persians are their passion. Do you know how to tell the difference between hand-woven and machine-made? Stop in to their showroom and they’ll tell you that and also lots more that you need to know before you decide to buy. They sell wholesale to the public so the price is always right. www.nilourugs.com, (603) 542-4222
4. Autumn is a great time for bike riding. It’s not too hot and the scenery is spectacular. The Bike Barn, located downstairs (Suite 102), carries brandname bikes, such as Specialized, Raleigh and Diamondback for men, women and children. They also carry an extensive range of accessories. The staff at the Bike Barn is ready to answer your questions and assist you in any way you need. (603) 668-6555
5. By now, the weather is probably too cold to host an outdoor birthday party. Why not have the staff of Festive Party set up their room with four giant inflatables that your kids or grandkids can run, jump, bounce, slide or just shoot hoops in (1st floor, Suite 105)? Have your pizza delivered or use the convenient refrigerator on site and bring your own party food. Balloons and all paper products are included.
www.festiveparty.com, (603) 674-3134
6. There is nothing like relaxing in a Jacuzzi spa to warm those aching muscles or just help you forget about our long New Hampshire winters. Matley Pools and Spas (Suite 103, lower level) can help you find the perfect spa (they carry “only the best” Jacuzzi brand) that you can have set up to use either indoors or outdoors to enjoy at your leisure in the privacy of your own home. (603) 542-7625